PLEASE READ (and comment that you've read it below - if you like)
This is a group for writers and readers of literature. If you're unsure of the categories used here, well, they're just OkadaBooks related categories
1) Please do NOT post links, photos, videos, stories or anything unrelated to what this group is about. Anything unrelated to literature, books and writing WILL be deleted. Repeated offenders will be banned from the discussion board.
2) This is NOT a forum for religion, current affairs, politics, celebrity news, gossip, motivational speeches, job search websites, agony aunt questions, technology, adult contents and so on. If you're discussing themes in books, please stay on topic and sound interesting or engaging.
3) Nope! Self-promotion is not welcomed and you can't just create a new topic for your recently published book. However, all members are free to promote book reading/launch. Don't just post a link to a book, blog, Facebook Page or website. That comes across like you can't be bothered to make an effort. Introduce yourself, tell us what your link, book, blog or website is about, and give us something to pique our interest. Just posting a random link will not do. Random links will be deleted and yes, it must be book related.
4) Please do not post using ALL CAPS. It comes across as rude and aggressive.
5) Please refrain from using text speak, abbreviations and slangs. As writers, we should respect our craft and the language we're using to communicate.
6) Please do not address other group members with abusive language.
7) Be lively, and participate! Read, like and comment on posts that you enjoy. This is a discussion board set up to encourage interaction between writers, readers and OkadaBooks' Mechanics. You can also share ideas and connect with other writers and authors here.
8) Do not become a drive-by poster. (See 7) Don't just come to the group when you want to post something. Read and interact with other writers posts too.
9) Please note that posts are NOT limited. But do not post the same thing repeatedly. If your post isn't getting the engagement you want to try 7 and 8 above.
10) Be helpful... You will be noticed!
11) Do not Abuse or discriminate.
On account of tribe, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation etc will be dealt with immediately and the user banned.
12) Attacking ideas is fine; attacking people is not. Criticize ideas, not people.
13) Post only your stuff.
14) When you see bad behaviour, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behaviour by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. An action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
If you're not sure how to start your first post:
1. Introduce yourself and what you do OR
2. Post a link and excerpt to something you’ve read recently that was interesting to you OR
3. Ask us anything OkadaBooks related (please search the categories to see if that problem doesn't already exist)
YES, I DO. BUT YOUR WEBSITE HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTING MY E:MAIL...firstname.lastname@example.org!!! I AM A WRITER INTERESTED IN YOUR ONLINE PUBLISHING. YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB. THANKS.