- When publishing, in the field provided for the ‘Book Title‘, input the title of your book, and (#CampusChallenge)
NOTE: Failure to do this means we won’t be able to find your entry and you might miss out on getting judged.
- Set your price to 0 Naira (free).
- In the ‘Description‘ field, input your name, level, department, school, and your story's word count (ignore the word counter on the website, we will verify word count manually) and brief synopsis of your story.
- Upload a well designed short story cover to improve your chances of winning and participate in separate N50,000 book cover design prize!
- VOTING for audience favorite will be based on total stars received. Full details on voting will be communicated before the voting begins.
- VOTING for best cover designs will take place on OkadaBooks' Instagram page. Actual designer will receive an award.
HOW TO CREATE OR UPLOAD YOUR STORY
Please use a computer to carry out these steps; it will be easier and save you more time, trust me.
First of all, you need to register on OkadaBooks or sign in. It's free.
Are you signed in now?
Step 1: Go to http://okadabooks.com/publication/add, or click on CREATE YOUR STORY or UPLOAD. The page below should load up... I stole this sample from Okadabooks.com
Step 2: Fill the Title, Category, Description, tags, price and Upload your book cover.
In the field provided for the book title, please add (#CampusChallenge) at the end of your title, in bracket. For Example Title: Beauty is Wrapped in my Arms (#CampusChallenge)
Set your book price to 0 naira.
Ignore the "Disable Sale in Web Store" option.
Tick Adult (18+) if the book is an Adult book. If the cover is pornographic (contains a nude image or a strong language, your book will be deleted whether Adult (18+) is ticked or not. So, don't upload nudes or say something strong
The Important Part
So the story is in a Microsoft Word Document, PDF, txt or any other format originally, right?
Click on CREATE EPUB.
The CREATE EPUB button will pop-down a SECTION. Do not panic
Simply paste your Title in the "Title" field and your paste your story in the box beneath it. See my example below:
Then click on PUBLISH. That's it. You story should be published immediately.
Before you click on "Publish", You can click the preview button to view your book and see what it would look like when you publish. Also, you could go back (from the preview) and make changes to your work. The image below shows what the preview section looks like, with detailed markers.
Like i said, Make sure you preview your work before you finally publish: PREVIEW before PUBLISH
HERE ARE FEW POINTS TO NOTE:
If your word count was less than 1500 before you published, don't worry about what it shows on Okadabooks... We will verify manually.
If you're using Safari on a Mac and these steps don't work for you, try another browser.
Don't worry about the page numbers, font type, size and other details during preview. Users can change these details (like font size and type etc) while reading on the App.
You don't have to refill to publish a book.
If you run into any problems at all, send us an email. email@example.com
I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTEST
Please click here for more questions and answers about the contest.